Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's almost December! And other thoughts

I am almost done with this semester in school and it is almost officially December. I am anticipating my winter break being filled with exercise. I also envision myself cooking super fresh, whole foods to continue eating healthily. However, as the end of the semester approaches, I am feeling stress and pressure to get my work done. Now, I just have to resist the urge to eat my stress in the form of baked goods and to 'just say no' when I am offered a lovely homemade pumpkin muffin from my friend Kate. A kind offer and super yum, but I now regret eating it (muffins and cookies are my weakness). However, my lunch consisted of organic brown basmati rice and black beans, while dinner was whole grain couscous and tons of veggies like squash and carrots- yum! I am also trying to cut back on my impending coffee addiction, because I think it dehydrates me to the point where I don't want to drink water, but feel super hungry and eat more than I should because I did not drink enough water in the first place.

In terms of week plans, I am going with Liz and Pooja to Counter Culture Coffee for a tasting and Rishi Tea for a tea party on Friday! #excited

Also, I wanted to share my favorite odd-food combo story that was published yesterday: http://nyunews.com/life/2011/11/29/29odd/ (it has healthy and not-so-healthy items).

No comments:

Post a Comment