Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Burgers in pasta! And ice skating!

I just wanted to share some pictures of the pasta I made myself. I know it isn't too fancy, but I am proud of my macgyver-ness! I cooked 1 serving of whole wheat pasta (yes, I measured my food for once) and added frozen veggies, curry sauce (all-natural and crazy delicious), and added small pieces of organic, pasture-raised, grass-fed beef burger from Rocky Mountain Organic Meats (I made this well done with olive oil). I have never cooked a burger myself before, so I was excited that this worked out, too! I felt like I was a cooking machine. It was a small victory over the larger cooking world. Like I said in my last post, I don't eat much meat, but this was fairly easy to prepare and by cutting the meat into smaller pieces (I know it is a burger, which defeats the purpose) so it was easier to eat (and also made it seem like I was eating a lot more)!
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
I like my food well-done! (Not actually burned, just poor lighting because I am no photographer- just a writer!)

Last night, I couldn't sleep for a while and decided I would just be awake and go ice skate at Chelsea Piers' Sky Rink because the freestyle sessions (high level skating) starts at the crack of dawn. I haven't skated for myself in a while, though I have continued to coach, and I was terrible. Like really terrible. But, I am so happy I skated. It helped me feel good that I did something fun and important to me, and that I was really taking time for myself and using my energy postively. I feel like I have just been really focused on work and school lately, and have been neglecting my skating. I hope to continue my new pace- going to sleep and waking up earlier (though not as early as today), eating better (today for breakfast I had muesli with unsweetened soy milk, figs, cacao nibs, and flax seeds- so good!), and skating more (not just going to the gym and all that jazz). I am already thinking about lunch...Maybe I will make Pooja's Meatless Monday Basil and Jicama Salad :)
IMG_2612
Photo courtesy of poojasway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment