Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Apartment-made Chili with Rocky Mountain Organic Meats' Beef!

I love chili and soup- especially for this time of year when the weather is becoming colder! I made this chili with some food I had in my cabinet and fridge before I leave for the airport tonight (I am going to Wisconsin, where my Dad's side of the family lives, for Thanksgiving). I also wanted to make sure to use some beef from Rocky Mountain Organic Meats:

Ingredients:
- Tomatoes (aka left-over marinara sauce that was just basil and tomatoes- no chemicals or sugar!)
- Frozen veggies! (corn, carrots, green beans, soy beans)
- Black beans (my favorite bean!!!)
- Rocky Mountain Organic Meats' organic grass-fed, pasture-raised beef kebab (@grassfedorganic) [I usually don't eat that much meat, so this was a major thing for me]
- Hot sauce (sugar-less!)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
*Side note: I don't measure- I'm in college!- I make as much as I think I will eat :)

Instructions:
1. Add all ingredients into a pot and simmer on low heat until too hungry to bear waiting longer, but acknowledging that one will burn mouth if one doesn't wait.

Nothing beats homemade (ehem... Apartment-made)!

For a more legit and veggie-full recipe that the whole family would approve of and I would actually allow other people to eat, try Pooja's Autumn Veggie Chili:

IMG_5962
Pooja's Autumn Veggie Chili. Photo courtesy of PoojasWay.com.
Regarding my fitness, I need to restart being intense, but I am making my vow for when I come back to the city at the end of this weekend! Happy Thanksgiving (looking forward to sharing my pics!). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment