Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2011

I Heart Pooja's Tart!

I swear I am sweet, but I love this tart! I made Pooja's tart for my family and they loved it! It made the perfect 4th of July treat :)

photo 2.JPG

Obviously, Pooja's is prettier and made correctly, but I tried!

IMG_4177

I also realized later that it is vegan because instead of butter and eggs, the recipe uses coconut oil. In the jar, coconut oil looks super solid, but actually melts to the touch. It was in the oil section in Whole Foods (hiding on the top of the shelf in the oil aisle).
For fun, I used the coconut oil in my own recipe to caramelize a banana, also with the coconut sugar I used in the tart recipe. Because I didn't make it well, I added it to Wallaby's organic nonfat plain yogurt. I love Wallaby brand because the texture is super smooth!

Pooja knows that I love yogurt, and she pointed out to me how much sugar is added to flavored yogurt. Tp cut calories and avoid all of those unnecessary chemicals, add your own fruit to yogurt. Always get plain and sweeten with maple syrup or honey (if desired). I am weird and don't sweeten most of my foods (not that I am eating sugar anyways), but I usually opt for maple syrup and blueberries in my yogurt. I also like to get nonfat yogurt because it is fewer calories. As far as organic goes, organic=whole foods= good for the environment= good for the body= :)

No comments:

Post a Comment