Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Check in with no sugar!

The breakfasts Pooja gave me and not eating sugar are going great. I think I ate the oatmeal for too many days in a row, so I am currently sick of it and obsessing over the banana flax smoothie (http://poojasway.com/article-cook/june-23-2011-functional-fitness-drinks-banana-flax-raw-cacao-smoothie/), so likely, the same will happen. But I am really enjoying them! 
cacao FLAX DRINK

Here is the recipe for my peach-egg breakfast salad (http://poojasway.com/article-cook/july-18-2011-meatless-monday-recipe-chickpea-peach-salad/) that I totally love!
salad

 The fitness is going fine as well. I actually was coaching off-ice yesterday and made my students do a few of your exercises because they said they wanted to make their hearts race and they really liked it, but it made them tired (which was a good thing!). As of yesterday, I am catching a cold, which is not fun. Before yesterday, I have been feeling good. I actually have started going to two dance classes with my friend Teresa who is a professional dancer/ teaches hip hop (here is a video of her dancing: http://www.youtube.com/teresainaction) and yoga, too! I decided I really wanted to step up my game :) 
TeresaInAction
Follow my dancing friend her @Tereeses
As for the no sugar, I haven't really had any cravings since the first week. I know that I like ice cream, cupcakes, etc., but I don't think "OMG. I want that". Instead, I think "That looks pretty/cute/ good, but I don't really care/ have an interest in eating it" or "That looks good, but I don't need it." I actually have gone into several bakeries with friends who wanted stuff (but felt guilty because they know I am not eating sugar) and I totally didn't want anything. I was like "Meh. Looks good. Won't eat it." I definitely think I lost some weight, but it is hard for me to tell...I need to weigh myself sometime this next week. One thousand thanks to Pooja for getting me into better shape! make sure to check out her latest exercise post , her mini video series, and her hosting Today's Tweet on Huffington Post! You can also follow her @poojamottl or visit poojasway.com to see the website which officially relaunched today!

No comments:

Post a Comment