Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Chelsea Market, Highline, and homemade Almond Butter

As for my most current adventures, I spent more time with my friend Cassidy at yoga, which was so awesome. I am really trying to step up my fitness game and doing any exercise is more fun with a friend! After yoga, we walked to and from East Village/Chelsea/ Hell's Kitchen/ Union Square area (about 50 blocks total of roaming around) because we got dinner at Chelsea Market and walked the Highline (an outdoor park that used to be a railway and that is super sustainable). We ate soup, fruit, and salad, but we really just in awe of the whole inner marketplace. I had never been before and it was so fun, I am going to make it a ritual for myself to go to Chelsea market and the Highline once a week! Here are some pics:

photo 1.JPG 
photo 2.JPG 
photo 3.JPG 
I also have been keeping up with my breakfasts that Pooja has given me recipes for, but I am still loving the banana flax cacao smoothie the best :)
cacao FLAX DRINK   

I also ventured to make my own (pure) almond butter because I was running low on my stash (which is kinda sad because it is Costco-sized, but I can't get enough of the stuff!). It took more time that I anticipated, but it was really exciting to make a 'slow food' I had never made before, but it was super easy! All I did was blend the nuts until they became buttery. Clean up was surprisingly easy as well because all of the almond butter stuck to itself and not the blender! 
photo 1.JPG 
photo 2.JPG 

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post about my workouts! (hint: here is a preview http://poojasway.com/article-move/july-18th-2011-vibrant-life-anywhere-series-3-exercises-to-get-lean/)

No comments:

Post a Comment