Search This Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Health Blogger to Health Blogger Inspiration

The latest blogger in the Pooja's Way spotlight is named Brittany. Here is a little about her:
BLOG IN THE SPOTLIGHT, SEPTEMBER 5th, 2011: Eating Bird Food
When Brittany went away to college she knew she couldn’t gain the infamous “freshman 15″ so she began working out every day and eating healthier. When she says working out every day, this means moderate exercise daily, such as running or walking 30 minutes on the treadmill/elliptical and doing a bit of strength training (most commonly arms and abs). She definitely wasn’t doing intense workouts each day. But instead of gaining 15 pounds her freshman year, she lost about 20. Brittany finally came to the realization that the foods she was eating before were weighing her down. Having a ton of healthy options at school and not eating fast food really helped. It didn’t hurt that she went to the gym often, had to take 3 flights of stairs to get to her dorm room and did a lot of walking all over campus for classes.
Sarah Kamenetzprofilepicture2
That's me!
I find Brittany's story and her blog super inspirational because I actually did the opposite my Freshman year of college. Because I had been so used to exercising between 2-5 hours daily through stretch and ice skating, I was not used to slowing down my physical pace and my body decided it was time to gain weight. I was eating the same amount of food as I had been and not exercising as much, hence my weight gain. Currently, I still exercise regularly and have changed a lot of my eating habits by choosing more whole foods, limiting my sugar intake, and cutting down on wheat thanks to Pooja. I feel like I am reaching a state of equilibrium for my body and I have a much better idea of how much food my body needs and how much exercise I need to feel good. I also especially love exercise because I am a naturally anxious person and any exercise tends to calm me down and help me cope better. Plus, I know I can sleep better and am in a cheerier mood when I work out- you can tell when I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment