Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

5K? No biggie!

I have been waking up early to go to the gym to jumpstart my day and it feels great! I am really focusing on my cardio in preparation for the 5K. Today, my body was being very resistant to the 2.8 miles I was trying to run without stopping. I never thought that I would be able to run more than a mile, which sounds silly considering I am fairly athletic (being an ice skater and all). Then again, I still don’t find running ‘fun,’ but I like the feeling of accomplishment that I ran distance x and that I really sweat because when I am not sweating, a lot of the time I don’t feel like I gave whatever I am doing my all. My friend Wei inspired me to do the 5K and I am excited to see her tomorrow! As for how I run, I always tell myself that I can do it- running itself is not hard, but making your body and brain listen to one another is a whole ‘nother ball game. It really is mind over matter- and by the time of the race, I intend to be running/ jogging the whole time. I want to be able to prove to myself that I can jog/run a 5K (plus, it is for charity, so I can’t really go wrong). I am not sure if I will continue to run as consistently once I am done with the 5K, but I think I am going to return to doing more dance and skating related activities (given moving in and starting classes has been a bit hectic on top of everything else)! As of now, I am also doing the sidehops that Pooja taught me on the treadmill, which are really fun and switch up the same old routine of running for about 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment