Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, Same Me! #RefusingResolution

It is officially 2012 and I am still Sarah. I mean to say that I didn't make a New Year's Resolution because my brain doesn't work that way. Don't get me wrong, lots of people do successfully maintain their resolutions and all that jazz, but for the most part, most resolutions are not kept. Everyone has different motivations and overall life situations. I want to live my life in a way that I will try to improve myself or work towards a larger goal regularly- whether that is every day or every month. I am not the type of person to keep a New Years Resolution because I want to make immediate changes, not ones that are pushed to the side or procrastinated. I am not religious in any sense of the word, but one of my favorite quotes was spoken by Hillel the Elder: "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" I try to live by this code because I know that when it comes down to it, only I can make decisions for myself. If I procrastinate, I may never achieve my goals and will only have myself to blame. I guess my intrinsic motivation has become quite obvious. It is important to know what motivates you (rewards, accolades, friends/family, etc.) because everyone is different and use that motivation to accomplish greatness (or small sparks of greatness). In short, I am still working out and trying to eat whole foods as part of a healthy lifestyle not as a diet or trend, but as a lifelong choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment