Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Current Health Obsessions

I love the internet and all of its wonders- it is like my swami that tells me whatever I need to know or how to do something I am unfamiliar. Basically, I wanted to share a short list of my top 4 health-based obsessions that are free and awesome via the internet (besides the necessities- Pandora, StumbleUpon, Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Gmail, and WebMD).

1. Pooja's Way (poojasway.com)
Photo courtesy of PoojasWay.com
Ok- I admit I am biased, but I love Pooja and her site is awesome- free advice from a certified trainer and natural foods chef. I like that it has healthy recipes, easy and effective exercises, and straightforward facts about food processes and ingredients- like what is potassium sorbate? Plus, PoojasWay.com has exclusive interview and tips from top health, food, and sport industry experts like Dr. Ayala (founder of Herbal Water), Nick Kelley (Kaia Foods CEO), and Jennifer Rubell (Eataly). In other words, everything you need in one place- simple. Read no further unless you would like a taste of a few other great sites...

2. BodyRock.tv
Photo courtesy of bodyrock.tv
I might not be an official 'body rocker' but this site has such a strong online community and supportive trainers. Basically, there are tons of short, intense workouts that utilize interval training to get you the best results. Like Pooja's exercise motto, people should do fewer, more effective exercises instead of wasting hours at the gym with slow or no results. I haven't officially tried any of the workouts, but maybe later today... will keep you updated. They also have recipes, most of which look good, but I would nix a lot of the ingredients that they use that aren't whole foods and the protein powders (I am not big on protein powder).

3. Gain Fitness
G_logo
courtesy of Gain Fitness website.
Have a gym membership, but also like to workout at home? Broke and no gym membership? Either way, this website is awesome because it customizes exercise routines for you for free based on where, how long, and the focus on the workout. Oh, and they have an app. Loves it. #noexcuses

4. Pure2Raw.com
raw-cupcake
A photo (from pure2raw.com) of what a recipe I made should of looked like. .. it tasted great!
I am not a raw vegan, vegan, or even a vegetarian, but this site is awesome. Period. These sisters are food masters and have their own bakery. I love making their 'socca' because it uses chickpea flour, but works as a diy recipe because you can pretty much add anything to the bread to make it savory, spicy, sweet, salty, etc. I love the socca because it is a whole food variation of food that you can't really find anywhere. I also tried making some of their other recipes, but my works weren't half as pretty as their beautiful food pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment