Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Look- I at what I got cooking! (oh, and I am going to ITALIA!!!!)


Black bean chili with veggies and quinoa


My first successful socca- made in a skillet on a stove top with olive oil, water, thyme, pepper, and chickpea flour
Muesli power cookies!

Apple crisp without the sugar or fat- I microwaved an apple and added cinnamon, nutmeg, and oats- so good!



Plat d'jour della mia madre (yes, two languages)- apples, cukes, tomatoes, peppers, grapes, pistachios, and bread with hummus

These are cava cava navel oranges and they are delicious- I have been eating lots of oranges and grapefruits :)

Made my own OJ!!! (from cava cava navels)

I hate cheese, so I tried my hand at making this vegan pizza- vegan bread with pumpkin puree as sauce and tomatoes, spinach, and spices on top. Surprisingly delicioso!

I am obsessed with making smoothies (and eating dried figs). In this recipe, I combined, apple, spinach, banana, lemon juice, and raisins for this sweet concoction.

I have also slowly been becoming obsessed with bodyrock.tv and healthfulpursuit.com. I highly recommend both sites. I made healthfulpursuit's sleepy smoothie (basically a blended muesli) and it was to die for. 

On Monday, I am flying into Italy, where I will live for the next 3.5 months. I am very excited and have been preparing for my trip. I am not yet sure if I will join a gym there or just use NYU's gym on campus. We will see. I will still be posting- just from a new place. I am looking forward to buying fresh fruits from the marketplace and eating the world famous food! Arrivederci :)

No comments:

Post a Comment