Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

True Life: I am on a boat and trying to still be healthy!

I am super excited to go on vacation, starting Sunday. I am going on a cruise to Bermuda, but have promised myself that I will eat in moderation. I know there is going to be buffet food 24/7, which sounds nice until I think of how I will want to eat everything!

My mom reminded me that anyone could easily gain 10 pounds in one week on such an excursion, but if I took it slow and eat healthy goodies (along with the occasional sweet) in moderation (and not overeat, as tempting as the buffets may be), all will be good! Pooja's rule of thumb is to eat until you are full and then STOP. It is a lot harder than it sounds, but I work on it every day. I love eating, but I know eating to eat is unhealthy. I strive to eat only when I am hungry- not when I am upset, bored, or lonely. Food is supposed to give us energy and that is it. Food should taste good and be nutritious. An easy rule of thumb to choose healthier foods is to choose whole foods and not ones with tons of chemical preservatives. Pooja's Way actually recently posted an interview with Kaia Foods CEO and Founder, Nick Kelley, who spoke about the company's motto "Keep it Simple". For whole food recipe ideas, visit http://poojasway.com/cooking/

IMG_2612
Pooja's Basil and Jicama salad is delicious AND nutritious!

No comments:

Post a Comment