Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Healthful Gastronmic Adventures!!!

I love eating and the city is perfect for food adventures, so I thought I would share some of my latest healthy gastronomic adventures:

1) I am obsessed with the Union Square Greenmarket and I have recently become addicted to these bread- cheese-bean-sunflower leaf things (I don;t remember the name of these, but they are AMAZING!)
photo 2.JPG
[A close-up of deliciousness!]
2) My friend Michelle and I went to Alice's Tea Cup (this famous NYC tea place Uptown that is themed 'Alice in Wonderland') and got this delicioso tea with whole grain bread and cucumber-y-goodness:

photo 3.JPG
None of the tea items matched, just like they shouldn't at the  Mad Tea Party :)

Tea is a zero calorie drink when you skip additives and sugar. I like my tea warm and without sugar, and I tend to have at least one cup per day, so I am officially in love with Alice's Tea Cup (plus the theme was so fun!). 

3. I decided to walk like a mad person again for no reason, but this time I went to MoMa and wanted to share this gorgeous pic overlooking their garden through one of their sculptures:
photo 4.JPG
I <3 NATURE :)
I love just sitting in parks and enjoying the gorgeous weather! I actually sat in the Washington Square Park fountain the other day after a quick workout. I also have been keeping up with going to yoga and dance with friends. I am going to be trying ballroom dance on Thursday with a friend, so we will see how that goes! Speaking of workouts, I also wanted to share more exercises from Pooja:

giant_skips_pooja_mottl

Happy Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment