Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

DIY Almond Milk (+Flour), Scallops (laaaaaaaa) & Fun Fitness

I admit that I am quite cooking challenged, but that is why I love Pooja. She makes cooking accessible and healthy for the busy average person. I was super excited when Pooja told me I could make almond milk myself (which I buy unsweetened all of the time) and save some major $$$ by doing so. In fact, making almond milk is super easy and also yields almond flour (score for the lazy food prep-arista!) :) Actually, these instructions are provided by the blogger of the week on Pooja's Way, Balancing Val.

IMG_1661
Photo courtesy of balancingval.com
For the cooking challenged who are obsessed with seafood (like me!), Pooja explains how to prep scallops in 5 minutes flat. Besides being delicious, scallops are an easy way to wow guests (who would otherwise assume I could make diddly or poison) and get lots of protein naturally.
two
laaaaaaaaaaaaa = Homer Simpson drool of admiration (these are so gosh-darn pretty!)

Also, in case you missed it, I have been doing a nine minute workout consisting of shuffles, shuttle runs, step ups, squats, and two foot hops (in addition to arm exercises that will be explained very soon- that is when I post pics of how jacked my arms are now from being muscle-less). Pooja conveniently has how-to videos of all of these exercises and more on HuffingtonPost that I wanted to share because they are super fun and easy to do:
http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-video/beginners-guide-to-a-beach-body-part-4-agility/1099526083001

Here is Pooja doing some steps up  (but box jumps are the same thing jumping on and off the  riser)
Publish Post

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for adding my post to yours!

    Love your blog :)

    Say hi to Pooja for me!

    ReplyDelete