Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A normal breakfast...for me!

For four weeks, I am eating healthier breakfasts that Pooja has specially designed for me. I have five breakfasts that I can eat in the mornings.

To start my day, I always drink lemon water to balance the pH in my body.

To save time, I try to cook the night before so I am not rushing to get ready in the morning.

photo 1.JPG
I have a tiny kitchen, but I  work it out!
photo 2.JPG
Pooja's 10 Grain Cereal is a-bubbling on my stove!
One of my favorite breakfast is a cold 10 grain cereal, made from Bob Red Mill 10 Grain Cereal, unsweetened soy/ almond milk, maple syrup, and pumpkin seeds. Sometimes, I even add fruit like peaches!

This can be prepared hot or cold, but it grosses me out when hot. Maybe I'm weird...

photo 3.JPG
100% Pure Maple Syrup and Organic Unsweetened Soy Milk are now my food staples! Plus, these totally make the cereal. I can't stand it without them!
photo 4.JPG
Om-nom-om! Pumpkin seeds. Yeah.

Also, one of the things that I try to consume every day (not endorsed by Pooja, me only) are probiotics because they help my digestion and stuff. Probiotics are in yogurt and fro-yo, too, but my doctor actually told me about these. They are magical!

photo 5.JPG
Probiotics are magical.

Speaking of magical, I like to think of Pooja as my fairy health godmother, who grants me with magical health knowlegde. For example, I add maple syrup to my cereal and not sugar because it is much less refined. In fact, I am also not eating real or fake sugar for 5 weeks total.

I know, girlfriend is crazy. No sugar? You think you would die. Not really. I just eat foods with maple syrup and honey, trying my best to avoid sugary messes. I have noticed that a lot of foods have hidden sugars like yogurt and tomatoe sauce, so I have to read lots of labels and always ask what is in the food I am eating. Sounds like a lot of work, but I think it is important to know what is really going into my body!

addedsugarsblack
Sugar, sugar is everywhere!

 Entonces, if you are up for the challenge of decreasing your refined sugar intake, Pooja has a list of better sugar alternatives that you can try: http://www.getbacktoscratch.com/scratch-knowledge/articles/?id=17

No comments:

Post a Comment