Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Change the way you think about Exercise!

I am one of those weird people who loves to exercise :)


I prefer to start my day by ice skating or hitting the gym in the morning before I go to work or class or doing whatever I have planned for the day because I feel like it helps me prepare for the rest of my day. In fact, when I don't get enough exercise, I get in really bad moods and my muscles tense up. Therefore, I try to get my endorphins and blood pumping so I feel mentally and physically my best!
I love ice skating! It is such a fun way to cool down during the summer.
Even though I (almost) always stretch both before and after I work out my muscles, I did learn something else super important about fitness from Pooja: anyone can exercise anywhere.


Pooja and I doing hops at the park!

Today, I decided to walk from the Upper East side to my downtown apartment as part of my 'Museum Mile marathon'. My goal in this 5+ mile walk was to visit as many museums as possible while walking down 5th Avenue. Instead of hitting the gym or even going for a run, I made exercise a super fun adventure. Granted, running would have been faster and I probably wouldn't have blisters on my feet, but my whole experience would not have been nearly as fun :) Plus, on such a gorgeous day, I loved being outside and even spent a little time enjoying the foliage in Central Park.


I visited the Guggenheim, the Jewish Museum, the Frick Collection, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Ukranian Institute of Art, the New York Public Library gallery (Bryant Park-42nd St), and even peeked into a Salvatore Feraggamo fashion show at the NYU Institute of Fine Art by accident! I also witnessed a worker's protest and a woman getting body painted- on the street. Oh, the things you see on the streets of NYC! I also stopped into a few stores like Juicy Coture (they are having a summer sale!) and stopped into a grocery store to pick up frozen veggies (that I added to quinoa) and unsweetened soy milk.

   

If you are interested in seeing some of the exercises that I do on a regular basis with Pooja, visit http://poojasway.com/move/.


No comments:

Post a Comment